Volunteer opportunities for people with intellectual disabilities are heavily under-utilized despite their many potential contributions. At Life Works Community, we strive to take advantage of all existing volunteering possibilities and welcome any new opportunities.
Volunteering for various organizations is not only beneficial for our clients, but also provides unlimited benefits to the organizations and the community in general.
Life Works Community currently volunteers regularly in the City of Denton. Listed below are some of the many ways Life Works has contributed to the community.
- Goodwill Industries Denton assisting in organization and clean up
- Habitat for Humanity helping organize donations and clean up
- Preparing plastic bags to be made into mats by cutting them into rings and looping them together in chains. We then give them to the 1st Methodist Church in Argyle to crochet the chains into mats to distribute to the homeless community.
- Cleaning and picking up trash weekly at Fred Moore Park in Denton for Keep Denton Beautiful
- We recently adopted a section of a Denton highway to keep clean for Adopt –a Spot.
- We partnered with the Champions Rotary Club for a community service project, putting together care packages for UNT and TWU students formerly in foster care and delivered them to the campuses.
- Designed Christmas cards and collected stamps to donate to senior citizens in nursing homes
- Assisting Scraps in Denton in packaging and organizing craft projects
- Assisting at a senior living facility with art projects
Interested in Volunteering?